Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A couple of things

So, in regards to Legacy, I thought the movie was one of, if not the best, part of the class thus far this semester. Unlike articles, which, no offense, for me at least, seem to only really strike a "I need to remember this for class" cord, the movie struck something much deeper. It really made me think about the struggles sectors of the society face each and everyday and how important is is the government, civic organizations, etc., work to help fix the problems. I think, like everyone else, the film really related best to Bishop since they were both stories that really, as cliche as it sounds, came from the heart and made you remember them because you were a human and they were "real life" stories, rather than the articles we've had to remember because we're students and are going to get tested on them.

That being said, I think that this also puts a very human face on the digital divide problem & points out just how important is it that we solve them as soon as possible: http://www.madison.com/wsj/topstories/448709

See you all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment