Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Bridging

I get the impression that this blog is an example of bridging, because already just from reading the short introductions about people it seems like we all have different backgrounds and interests. For example most of us grew up in different cities or states in the U.S.

Though I think this blog could be looked at as a third place, it does not really fit many of the requirements only because it is not a physical place. However conversation is the main activity and it may fit the characteristics in a broader sense than the library that was shown in lecture.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that the blog doesn't really mesh with a lot of the physical characteristics that describe a third place. I think that it will be a great place to share thoughts, but I think that because it isn't necessarily something that we are choosing to take part in (because it is a major part of a course), calling it a "third place" might not necessarily be accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was insightful and factual. I appreciate this perspective.

    ReplyDelete