Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Social Capital Within Our Discussion Group

I feel like this discussion group is going to be a great opportunity to learn about people from various backgrounds. A lot of us have pretty similar characteristics, but the experiences we've had over the course of our lifetimes are probably completely different from those had by other members of this class. I think that sharing those experiences are what are going to bridge the divides between us. I really think we all have a lot to learn from one another, and this blog is a great way to start.

1 comment:

  1. I commpletely agree with you. I realize that in many discussion sections the students are afraid to talk because they feel awkward. A blog takes away some of that awkwardness, mostly because we feel comfortable blogging to classmates. We can share more of our experiences and we learn much more as a result Maybe all classes should have this?

    ReplyDelete