Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Minnesota and Me


I am Julie, a sophomore from north-central Minnesota. My town is actually two towns that grew into each other, and the combined population of both is like 20,000. It's small, familiar, and not diverse.



There is one soup kitchen, one movie theater, one police department and, well, you get the idea. Madison is the biggest city I've lived in, but I enjoy the change. When I first got here it was a little strange to learn to use public transportation, but I enjoy the different cultures I find on campus. I'm interested in learning about how cultural cornerstones come to be and the bridges society builds between them. Also to understand how cities work.

2 comments:

  1. Cute idea to include pictures, it looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm from New York-- the most diverse, loud, upbeat city in the US (I feel) so sometimes, the diversity is overwhelming, even. I wish I understood the desire to learn more and was from a smaller town because I am constantly surrounded by it...

    ReplyDelete